Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Accelerate Development – You will design and build electro-mechanical sub-system prototypes to support development and testing across the company.
- Lead Fast and Multi-Disciplinary System Designs – You will work with the Project Manager to lead fast turn, and multidisciplinary projects from conception to commissioning.
- Drive Team Direction – As the first engineer on this rapidly growing team, you will help define team direction as we scale
- Breakdown Complex Problems – You will collaborate with all development teams to find clever solutions to challenging requests and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Basic engineering knowledge of electrical systems
- 1-3 years of experience designing electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in CATIA V6 (Preferred)
- Knowledge and hands on experience in quick-turn prototype manufacturing methods (fabrication, machining, additive manufacturing, etc)
- Ability to navigate early design requirements and collaborate with multi-disciplinary stakeholders to gain technical direction
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, and ambiguous environments
- Strong collaborative attitude, and team- player
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Demonstrated strong creative thinking and problem-solving toolbox.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.