Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing suppliers, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions, and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop a sourcing strategy and road map for Rivian Stakeholders
- Communicate closely with program management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones, and track sourcing progress
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best prototype and production pricing based on targets
- Perform a deep dive analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown data
- Support supplier quality and technical reviews
- Review engineering development costs with engineering leads to ensure best cost is attained
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 5+ years purchasing, buying, or procurement experience.
- 3+ years experience with automotive, manufacturing, or other related industries
- 5+ years MS Office
- Masters Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or other related field
- 3+ years of powertrain purchasing experience
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of integrity
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
- Attention to detail to ensure specifications being requested are received
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.