Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead body engineering resident team for body interior and body exterior.
- Lead ongoing product development to resolve quality and manufacturing issue.
- Guide the team to work with core to root cause, design, and launch fixes for TGWs
- Lead body engineering report out to management on product quality matrices. Develop roadmaps for improving product quality.
- Work with plant management for quicker resolution of for all product issues to maintain and grow production capacity in line with corporate goals.
- Lead design engineering to ensure manufacturability without compromising product function or performance.
- Support weight and cost reduction actions.
- Support in program cycle launches for minor programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in an engineering role related to body manufacturing equipment and process
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams for solving complex technical problems and solutions implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
- Ability to work independently to develop a plan to execute deliverables with general guidance.
- Capable of leading a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand CMM & Scan reports is a must
- Experience with Catia V5/V6
- Strong excel and office skills
- Strong GD&T knowledge
- APQP experience
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Location: Normal, IL
- Travel as required to other Rivian engineering, suppliers and other production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.