Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Responsible for ongoing product development to resolve quality and manufacturing issue.
- Work with core team to root cause, design, and launch fixes for Things Gone Wrong.
- Drive internal and supplier teams to develop and report out product quality matrices. Develop roadmaps for improving product quality.
- Support manufacturing for all product issues to maintain and grow production capacity in line with corporate goals.
- Lead design engineering to ensure manufacturability without compromising product function or performance.
- Support weight and cost reduction actions.
- Support in program cycle launches for minor programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- 4+ years of experience in an engineering role related to body manufacturing equipment and process.
- Formal training in complex technical problem solving (e.g. Six Sigma green/black belt, Shainin, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and see the solution implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
- Ability to work independently to develop a plan to execute deliverables with general guidance.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand CMM & Scan reports is a must.
- Experience with Catia V5/V6
- Strong excel and office skills.
- Strong GD&T knowledge.
- APQP experience
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Location: Normal, IL
- Travel as required to other Rivian engineering, suppliers and other production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.