Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Sr. Security Manager will be responsible for the Rivian Illinois factory, Security Program. The Sr Manager will be responsible for managing the onsite Security Team and providing direction regarding the Security Program, strategy, and risk management initiatives. The role is key in establishing a proactive, consultative, and service orientated culture for Security at Rivian.
- Establish and manage the overall Security posture during and after the construction of the Illinois factory. Provide security recommendations in the design and construction of the factory and oversee physical security systems and controls.
- Shape the Factory Security Team with a focus to acquire, retain, develop and mentor the best team and talent.
- Grow and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop Security risk mitigating strategies.
- Implement policies and procedures to support the Security program.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive security industry or related experience, including people management experience.
- Experience in leading a Security function at large sites or factories.
- Experience in Project Management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- CPP, PSP or equivalent certifications are a plus.
- A positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Experience with technical security systems such as access control, surveillance, and other security platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel domestically. Some international travel may also be required.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.