Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Partner closely with Product lead to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in technology direction, road-mapping, architecture definition, design, development and delivery of enterprise-class solutions while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements and quality
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering
- Inspire a forward-thinking team of developers, acting as an agent of change and evangelist for a quality-first culture within the organization
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience, with 10+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- 8+ years hands-on experience in building Saas products, RESTful API’s at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
- In-depth knowledge of Web protocols, experience with AWS, Java/Kotlin/Spring-Boot/Python, Kubernates/, Kafka and related tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, BitBucket
- Strong computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms and design patterns with a proven track record of software design and architecture of complex systems
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native deployment practices – specifically containers and container orchestration platforms
- Knowledge of OCPP, OCPI, and ISO 15118 Plug & Charge standards preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.