Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders to design highly available solutions on AWS
- Design and implement reference architectures
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines using GIT and AWS CodePipeline
- Document designs in tools like Confluence and LucidChart
- Break down design plans into actionable project plans
- Work with vendors to utilize AWS managed services instead of servers/containers to the extent possible
- Design and Implement Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Perform AWS Well Architected Reviews
- AWS Billing Analysis
This is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years of software architecture experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- Diverse knowledge of AWS services
- Expertise with AWS CloudFormation (SAM and CDK experience preferred), CodePipeline, and Lambda
- Extensive experience in at least one of these areas:
- 3-tier Apps using EC2, ALB, NLB, ASG, WAF, S3, Backup, CloudFront, CloudWatch, and CloudWatch Logs
- Data/ML Pipelines using S3, Athena, Glue, Airflow, Kinesis or Kafka, and Sagemaker
- Serverless Apps using S3, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, AppSync, and Cognito
- IoT Solutions using AWS Greengrass, IoT Core, IoT Analytics, and SiteWise
- Experience with Git and Git-Flow
- Experience with Docker and Containers
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Linux or Windows Server Administration Skills
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA, Palo Alto, CA, or Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.