Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
What you’ll do:
Your primary focus will be photo research and general support of the Rivian Photography Content team. You will execute specific content requests from multiple internal teams and assist in researching, editing, licensing, and tracking imagery across teams and creative processes. You will work closely with project managers and photo editors to ensure timely delivery of assets.
Description of the perfect candidate:
- You are tapped into photography resources and artists and are a wiz at researching images.
- You know how to ensure images are properly licensed and how to negotiate and handle license agreements as needed.
- You have an eye for the unexpected and know an exceptional image when you see it.
- You are a troubleshooter, a self-starter, and are comfortable taking initiative.
- Collaboration is the name of your game.
- You are positive, energetic, and put the team first.
- Equitable representation both in front of and behind the camera is important to you.
- You can multi-task and possess excellent time management skills.
- You have a working knowledge of digital asset management platforms and you like to keep things organized.
For this role, you should have:
- 5+ years experience as a researcher in a commercial or editorial photography industry.
- Extensive knowledge of photo agencies and photography resources and experience in negotiating contracts.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Lightroom, and Bridge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.