Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
What you’ll do:
You will be an integral member of Rivian’s Photography Content team, art directing, editing, and tracking the flow of still photography across all aspects of the Rivian brand, with a specific eye for narrative storytelling. Key collaborators will include members of the Design, Copy, and Film teams, as well as Social Media and Content Strategy. You will live and breathe all things stills, including the ongoing expansion of our roster of contributors.
Description of the perfect candidate:
- You understand what makes a good image and what it takes to tell a successful visual story.
- You are familiar with current trends in photography and love discovering new and unknown artists as much as you like collaborating with seasoned veterans.
- You also keep an eye on illustrators, painters, and other visual artists as additional resources for visual storytelling.
- You’re goal-oriented, assertive, positive, and energetic.
- You are excited about learning new skills and adaptable to new ways of doing things.
- You have an opinion and can come up with solutions for streamlining processes and clearing roadblocks.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with high volumes of imagery, unpredictable hours and tight deadlines.
- You are a proactive problem solver and good-natured listener.
- Equitable representation, both in front of and behind the lens, is important to you.
- You have strong written and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues, subjects, and outside venders.
- You’re a natural collaborator who can work thoroughly but expediently with multiple teams.
- You’re extremely well-organized & technically savvy, with the ability to deliver files at any spec. You also archive your projects consistently.
For this role, you should have:
- 6 + years of experience as a photo editor or art buyer in the commercial and/or editorial industry.
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite and mastery in color correction, image selection, and file processing as needed.
- Fluency in Figma and the creation of presentation decks
- Experience with archiving digital assets
- Ability and willingness to travel for productions.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.