Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Own the execution of various BMS tests in Rivian
- Develop test procedures that define instrumentation, fixturing, test environment, etc.
- Design lab assemblies and equipment for optimizing test efficiency
- Secure required instrumentation and equipment for various algorithm verification and BMS regression tests
- Perform regression tests on subsystem and system level test assets
- Report back test progress in Jira ticketing system
- Ensure data quality from executed tests
- Coordinate efforts with BMS algorithms, systems, electrical, and other ECU teams
- Automate processes where applicable
- Follow and enforce all lab safety protocols
- Maintain clean workspace
- 4-year degree in electrical or industrial technology, or closely related subject
- Minimum 2 years automotive experience in related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of regression tests for BMS algorithms and functionality (SOC/SOP/SOE estimation, drive profile vehicle model correlation) and equipment preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment, test methods, and test specifications (UN38.3, GBT, etc.) preferred
- Strong knowledge of fixture design, fabrication methods, and test equipment preferred
- Experience working with high voltage systems preferred
- Experience with lab instruments: DMM, oscilloscope, HIL
- Familiarity with CANalyzer, CANape
- Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D)
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.