Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Execute Rivian’s immigration strategy by supporting the day to day activities of the immigration program
- Analyze individual immigration cases by partnering with internal stakeholders, candidates/employees and external counsel to pull information from disparate sources to determine case viability and develop individual short and long term immigration strategies throughout the employees immigration life-cycle.
- Continually evaluate current immigration processes and policies, make recommendations for improvements to Talent Mobility leadership, and implement solutions as appropriate
- Consult with stakeholders at all levels of the business on complex immigration matters
- Review all immigration filings for content and accuracy
- Ensure adherence to service level agreements
- Establish strong partnership with Rivian’s external immigration counsel
- Ensure world-class end to end customer experience
- Maintain immigration files in compliance with all relevant immigration laws
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure that Rivian is compliant with all relevant immigration laws
- Assist with the development of communications on changing immigration rules, regulations, etc.
- +3 years U.S. immigration experience with in-house corporate immigration program or relevant experience with an external immigration practice
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of all employment based U.S. immigrant and non-immigrant visas
- Experience handling growing case load with particular focus on green card matters and PERM case management
- Experience with non-US immigration is a plus
- Excellent consulting, communication and customer service skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.