Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Serve as a working lead to oversee the daily operations of the Paint Shop Cleaning Contractor within the Paint Shop scope of responsibilities
- Act as the activity coordinator between all Paint Shop departments and the Cleaning Contractor to ensure all requirements are met, up-to-date and documented
- Main point of contact for all final inspections required after cleaning operations have been performed
- Position will act as the Paint Shop project liaison during weekend / non-production periods to ensure proper coordination and completion of all projects / activities
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory levels of company responsible items
- Must be an active participant in the Paint Shop - Defect Reduction team to help identify and reduce defects related or impacted by cleaning operations
- Monitor that all safety regulations and requirements are followed during all cleaning / project operations and address issues immediately
- Collect and communicate internal paint quality metrics such as Film-build, Gloss, DOI, Color, Oven Cure, Booth Balance, etc. as required
- Assist in maintaining the Paint Shop Quality Lab environment and associated instrumentation
- Perform special projects as requested by management
- 1-3 years in an automotive or tier 1 paint shop environment
- Position requires a unique work schedule plus potential overtime to cover specialized cleaning and/or project management. Examples: Wednesday – Saturday x 10 hours / day, Sunday – Wednesday x 10 hours / day, etc.
- Understand and adhere to Rivian Compass Goals
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Capable of working with other groups (quality, maintenance, engineering) to achieve the goals of Rivian.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be capable of multi-tasking
- Must be well organized, attentive to details
- Must be motivated, self-starter, goal oriented and open to change
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.