Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Execute monthly accounting processes for Rivian’s Charging and Energy Solutions (CES) business unit involving the sale of energy, hardware, software, installation, and subscription services
- Support the development of automated routines to efficiently account and reconcile CES transactions
- Work cross functionally to advise and ensure understanding of contractual verbiage and its impact on accounting for CES transactions, including revenue recognition, standard costing, inventory valuation, etc
- Perform monthly close procedures, including journal entries and account reconciliation
- Support the development of general business and financial disclosure pertaining to Rivian’s CES business for both internal and external audiences
- Furnish information and support for internal and external audit purposes
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree (in accounting, finance, business administration, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution
- Experience working in systems to analyze large quantities data (e.g. predictive) and design and develop system generated reports (e.g. ad hoc reporting)
- Ability to work cross functionally with both Customer Quality, Service Operations, Finance and Accounting
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.