Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work with software developers to test out the functionality of vehicle controls features across powertrain, chassis, body, energy storage, and thermal domains
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers and SME to define and iterate upon requirements
- Help define and execute test cases for new features, including:
- Software unit tests
- Component HIL tests
- Sub System HIL tests
- Vehicle Regression testing
- Help root-cause software, mechanical, and electrical bugs in lab and on-vehicle
- Collaborate with low-voltage electrical teams to define interfaces and integrate supplier components
- Work with UX/UI teams to ensure system meets various use case requirements
- Strong understanding of electromechanical systems
- A degree in either Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Software Engineering
- Experience with C/C++ or Python
- Experiences with tools for measurement and integration such as CANalyzer, CANape, INCA, or similar.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and apply creative and critical thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Good team player with great communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.