Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Fleet Auditor is responsible for ensuring that Rivian vehicles and personnel at the regional sites comply with Federal, Providence, and Local Motor Vehicle Laws and Regulations, as well as internal Rivian Safety, Regulatory, and Executive standards, and IP Legal Compliance. This position assists with inspections, applications, renewals, and safety protocols for assigned Rivian sites on local, providence, and federal levels and aids the Rivian Fleet Auditor official interactions with local, and federal agency representatives as well as Rivian internal departments to ensure regulatory and Rivian standards compliance, including safety auditing for both vehicles and personnel.
The Rivian Fleet Auditor assists in the maintenance of workplace and vehicle safety, inspecting locations, vehicles, and personnel processes and procedures, coaching personnel, including site managers, on safe vehicle and employee practices. The Rivian Fleet Auditor implements new/updated safety protocols and reports site readiness to the Rivian Fleet Auditor & Compliance Manager.
- Travels to assigned sites within Fleet Site Auditor region, auditing, reporting, conducting safety inspections and implementing new/updated safety procedures and protocols, training site personnel in safety
- Become an SME within assigned compliance function within the Rivian Fleet Audit & Compliance department.
- Conducts updated safety training programs and performs site audits to ensure understanding of safety standards and compliance to local, and federal safety standards as well as internal Rivian regulations including HOS.
- Completes site paperwork for applications, permits, and inspection documentation for state and federal agencies and programs, including CMV, US. DOT, Transport Canada, FMCSA; State Autonomous Vehicle and Autonomous Vehicle Tester Programs and Advanced Driving Support Systems (ADAS),
- Attends any local inspections with local and federal agencies within the assigned region, providing the required paperwork and any supporting documentation to pass the inspection/audit
- Processes documentation for Test Vehicle Disposal, including title documentation, and Annual Disengagement Reporting Oversees the process of timely license plate installation at each site, tracking registration expiration, license plate removal, and disposal on assigned vehicles within the region
- Coordinates with sites on the distribution of renewal registrations from the corporate offices
- Audits installation of all legal and safety signs, including DOT vehicle graphics and company decals at assigned sites
- Conducts daily internal vehicle audits, performing Rivian Benchmark Vehicle Evaluations, documenting any vehicle altering on Rivian Prototypes including fleet location.
- Deep knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, including Transport Canada, DOT, FMSCA, and CMV
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make decisions for compliance improvements.
- 3-5 years of experience in Fleet Management and Auditing preferred
- English and French Canadian language preferred
- Ability to travel across provinces up to 50% with occasional travel to the United States
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to the vehicle, driver, and operational safety
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.