Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is seeking a Senior Data Engineering Manager to join our Order & Connectivity Engineering team. In this role, you will lead a group of world class data engineers to define, design, guide and build best-in-class platform and data integrations.
This is what you’ll do:
· Design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance and reliable data platform for vehicle connectivity health.
· Use Data & Analytics to help improve connectivity health and to provide insights and predict anomalies using time series data.
· Lead a team of talented data engineers to design and develop data ingestion pipelines and data cleaning/mining solutions and also expose this data via backend services (REST API). In addition, the team will also provide data insights and foresights on various data usages.
· Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for software engineering
· Collaborate with various partner engineering teams to support their needs in a timely manner
· Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
· Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service up-time
This is what you’ll need:
· Minimum of a combined 12+ years of experience as a software engineer and manager with 5+ years of experience in Data Science or related fields.
· Minimum of 3-4+ years of experience as an engineering manager delivering milestones that include – data cleaning, mining, analysis and model development.
· Comprehensive knowledge of modern data science and product analytics tools and techniques such as Python, R, Machine Learning, advanced statistics and data mining techniques.
· Proven track record of delivering anomaly predictions using time series data and deploying models to prod.
· Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem (ex: Lambda architecture, EMR, TimeStream, RedShift) on big data.
· Possess strong experience in building end-to-end cloud native, distributed platform.
· Strong system design and architecture skills with strategic mindset.
· Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment
· Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration while hiring to retain top talent.
· Minimum of BS in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.