Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Product Manager, Over-the-Air (OTA) Applications for Fleets you will be responsible for driving robust OTA functionality to ensure Rivian's global fleet of vehicles can be updated remotely, thereby ensuring they are ready for not only today’s adventures but tomorrow’s as well. Specifically, you will define and build an OTA and campaign management tool that allows Rivian to manage all aspects of vehicle OTA updates spanning campaign creation/management and OTA analytics across our global fleet of consumer and commercial vehicles.
This is a high impact role with meaningful cross-functional visibility as OTA is the foundation in which Rivian will introduce new features and functionality to our vehicles for years to come. This is a ground floor opportunity to revolutionize over the air software updates on connected cars with the ability to remotely update and manage virtually every component on our vehicles.
This is what you’ll do:
- Own the end-to-end process of sending over-the-air (OTA) updates to fleets of vehicles in close partnership with engineering, software, systems, testing, and technical publications teams
- Design, develop, and execute on roadmaps to build B2B applications to enable customers to manage their fleets, provide campaign approval feedback, and track and respond to over-the-air (OTA) campaigns in real-time
- Partner with engineering teams both internally within Rivian and externally with enterprise customers to build platforms that allow Rivian to securely share and review firmware artifacts and to certify additional hardware devices on our OTA platform.
- Build out OTA diagnostic tools and capabilities to drive detection, alerting, and resolution of OTA update issues across B2B fleets
- Drive the development, integration, and testing of tools and systems in tandem with mobile and UX teams to notify, educate, and prepare fleet drivers when they receive over-the-air (OTA) feature improvements and upgrades
- Expand the vision and footprint of fleet over-the-air (OTA) management and campaigns in their ability to move key metrics such as vehicle up-time, productivity, and efficiency
- Advocate for and listen to the feedback of internal and external users of the over-the-air (OTA) campaign management tool and help build a robust feedback cycle for fast iteration and learning
- Work with data teams, product owners, and operations specialists to solve challenges to improve connectivity costs, Wi-Fi setups, and prioritization rulesets to make for the best customer experiences
This is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in product development building products in SaaS, mobility, or consumer technology verticals
- Domain expertise in automotive or IoT OTA infrastructure and tools
- Experience with various cellular & Wi-Fi technology components such as 4G/5G and connectivity management
- Comfort working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale
- Track record of succeeding in matrixed organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains to execute aggressive timelines
- Adventurous and curious mindset
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.