Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Build and deploy applications using AWS Amplify.
- Work with software teams to design HA-DR deployments on AWS
- Configure AWS Web application firewall for application endpoints.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines using AWS CodePipeline
- Build application monitoring framework using AWS Cloud watch and other appropriate technologies.
- Build and deploy Infrastructure as Code.
- Develop Python functions deployed in AWS Lambda.
- Configure domain URLs on Route 53.
- Manage and resolve tasks in Jira, IT Support Desk and PagerDuty
- Develop AWS Policies and Roles to restrict to least privilege
- Build and maintain dev/test/stg/prod environments for various applications.
- Be a dynamic cross-functional technical leader enabling the organization to succeed
- Be creative and resourceful with the endurance to cope in a fast-paced start-up environment
- 3+ years’ experience utilizing AWS which must include CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, and Route53
- 5+ years’ experience using Python and Git with agile and gitflow principals
- Strong understanding of networking, DNS, HTTP and Restful services
- Bachelor's degree is strongly desired
One or more of the following is preferred
- AWS Professional and Specialty Certifications
- AWS serverless application development experience using Lambda, API Gateway, and Amplify
- AWS data pipeline experience.
- DB administration experience including both relational schema design and non-relation architectures along with SQL optimization
- AWS Security experience using SecurityHub, GuardDuty, Inspector, and Macie
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.