Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead, motivate, support and empower an energetic team of brilliant software engineers
- Partner closely with lead software engineers to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate broadly applicable solutions
- Lead engineering teams to design and develop end-to-end services across web/apps, HMIs backends running on distributed deployments, and drive internal and 3rd party integrations
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for software engineering and CI/CD deployments
- Manage product backlogs, resolve conflicts, address interpersonal dynamics through empathy and calm wisdom
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum team performance tracking
- Grow and mentor team members from interns all the way to principals by revealing, collaborating, and encouraging on a path to growth
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders
- Strong advocate and mentor of self-serve, transparent, and seamless solutions
- Strong advocate and mentor of letting go of how it has always been done
- Inspire "We can do better. You can do better!"
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management, or related engineering field
- Minimum 12 years professional experience as a software engineer and manager
- Minimum 3 years professional experience as an engineering manager/director
- Professional experience in building end-to-end cloud native distributed applications across web/app, databases, backends, embedded devices, and all sorts of environments
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Professional experience working in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near-term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.