Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- A hybrid of a UX/UI expert and modern front-end web developer capable of fully bringing their ideas through rapid prototyping to production
- Lead and guide front-end development projects for manufacturing systems setting high-standards effective user interfacing solutions
- Guide and mentor team members to innovate and take on ambitious, ambiguous, and massively distributed computing challenges
- Gain deep user insight by actively and passively interfacing with users and iteratively and rapidly implementing effective prototypes and end solutions
- Make pragmatic data-driven decisions and clearly articulate logical reasoning
- Make and commit to critical deliverables
- Ingest and rapidly become an expert in new technologies, standards, and protocols.
- Demonstrate front-line leadership with an emphasis on excellence and quality in everything performed.
- Bachelors/Masters in Fine Arts, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar industry experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and evolving customer-insight driven applications
- Professional experience with Web communications standards; HTTP, WebSockets, GRPC, TLS
- Expert understanding of ThreeJS, A-Frame, Figma or other 2D/3D frameworks and tools
- Professional experience with CI/CD pipeline, Git, and development workflow
- Good knowledge of database systems; SQL, Mongo.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.