Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is a core operational (non-procurement) role: Plan logistics operations for all Rivian facilities, supplier locations, and event sites, etc. while also providing support to the other Rivian locations. At Rivian, logistics operations include all modes of transportation (parcel, truck, air, and ocean), domestic and international, inbound, outbound, and special projects.
The ideal candidate has the ability to think strategically and act tactically as well as understand complex issues to a variety of audiences, think about the big picture when communicating, and report technical details succinctly. A collaborative working style will benefit this position greatly as this role will drive execution and decision-making.
- Responsible for advanced logistics network design, optimization of inbound and return logistics, load density, frequency analysis, and mode optimization
- Define and maintain lane level shipment plans within plan for every part (PFEP) and Transportation Management System (TMS). Understand the impact logistics planning has on end to end shipment execution (including how logistics planning impacts material releases).
- Provide a customer-oriented approach to support the internal customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on vendor selection, KPI measurement, and logistics process development. Own the role, and craft best in class strategies and process for exponential growth.
- Ownership of issue resolution on transportation related questions, concerns, escalations.
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves and dive into the weeds. This role is both strategic and tactical.
- Serve as subject matter expert for systems strategy, carrier implementation, and use, and partner with IT in planning systems architecture. See beyond the status quo and be cutting edge.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field. MBA or master’s degree in a related field preferred
- 3-5+ years’ of experience in the automotive/operational logistics industry or aftermarket/service parts planning
- Experience vetting providers for capability and effective technology implementation
- Experience creating logistics plans and implementing them with carriers, suppliers, and managing change cross-functionally within logistics ops and production control
- In-depth understanding of logistics’ relationships with other parts of the automotive ecosystem
- Hands-on experience working with SAP and Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.