Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our ideal Learning and Development Specialist will work with teams across the organization to help deliver on our comprehensive and engaging new hire program. The individual in this position will oversee and administer various responsibilities including our employee on-boarding programs, delivering new hire orientation, and supporting, coordinating, and conducting training activities. This role will often be the ﬁrst point of contact for learning and development and will be responsible for all related administration. This individual will support other learning and development team members and our partners on the Learning and Talent team.
What you’ll bring [Responsibilities]:
- Support the new hire on-boarding program and learning initiatives by working closely with internal teams to continuously improve company learning culture.
- Experience in project management, event coordination, and scheduling, and an ability to work on multiple projects while delivering high quality results within a fast-paced, environment.
- Track and measure success across learning programs and deliver reports on eﬀiciencies
- Continually ﬁnd opportunities for improvement and implement those changes.
- Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding program details and design
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Map out training plans and schedules for training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Most importantly, you bring a passion for growing yourself and others
What you’ll need [Qualiﬁcations]:
- 2-5 years of experience in a trainer, specialist, or facilitator role is preferred
- Must be able to work eﬀectively in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive enthusiasm and engagement during webinars, video calls, and messaging systems
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in event coordination and management, and public
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, strong attention to detail, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze logically and navigate ambiguity.
- Be a team player and strong people skills.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Camtasia, Premier Pro, Zoom, or Slack a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.