Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Join the fastest growing Finance team in the automotive industry to drive efficiency and transparency of every aspect of corporate finance.
- Collaborate very closely with every functional area that provides input into a product or programs profitability: engineering, industrial design, supply chain, logistics, demand planning, manufacturing and product management, among others. Partnering and communicating with each of these areas effectively is important, as is iterating through various scenarios and challenging assumptions
- Manage development spend and bill of materials (BoM) forecasts for the systems/projects you’re supporting to provide visibility into future consolidated profitability and cash flow.
- Present updates and results of findings with finance, engineering and program leadership.
- Produce monthly variance reports and commentary on actual development costs vs. forecasted development costs for projects you’re supporting.
- Support strategic decision making to drive cost effective products and programs from the earliest development phases and help leaders make critical design, sourcing, manufacturing capacity and vehicle specification/performance decisions.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of corporate finance, banking, private equity, venture capital, management consulting experience, product development, test and development
- CFA, FRM, CMA, and/or CPA or foreign accountancy equivalent is a plus but not required
- Ability to make sense of ambiguous situations and drive towards clarity and unity
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding of business performance, decision making, and communication
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills
- Strong financial modeling (e.g., Excel power user), spreadsheet, and presentation skills
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills
- Growth mindset; ability to conceptualize, plan and implement best practices as they relate to a rapidly evolving and growing business
- Knowledge & curiosity of electric vehicle/automotive industry and associated technologies are a huge plus
- Willingness to learn technical concepts and drive to understand the relationship between cost and product performance is critical
- SAP/ MS Access / SQL skills are a huge plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.