Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
• The Quality Engineer position is responsible for the quality performance of a section in the Manufacturing Propulsion areas of the plant. This position utilizes the combined skills of data analysis, manufacturing process knowledge, automotive quality tools, and structured problem solving, to support and improve build team’s quality performance.
• Areas of responsibility includes Energy storage systems (sub-module/module/pack/DCFC) and Drive unit (drive gear and inverter).
• This position requires the ability to work with cross-functional teams to develop procedures, and standards. This position requires deep technical knowledge in quality and problem-solving tools.
• Support manufacturing team equipment and process capability analysis
• Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
• Deliver quality tool training to team members
• Identify and contain suspect defective material
• Assist supplier quality functions with containment and structured problem-solving
• Facilitate structured problem-solving resolution for internal quality issues
• Utilize advanced metrology equipment to control processes and solve problems
• Analysis and improvement of quality performance for manufacturing processes
• Responsible for quality related continuous improvement projects
• Monitor, create, and provide quality performance data for KPI boards
• Develop inspection work instructions for End of Line based on specifications and standards.
• Implement and maintain an approved Quality Management System.
• Develop and maintain complete vehicle scorecard reporting process to track performance and drive continuous improvement.
• Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
• Potential business travel to support product /process development at company and supplier locations.
• Knowledge of APQP (Design for Quality)
• Problem solving experience – structured problem-solving
• Manufacturing/assembly process experience
• PPAP documents
• Knowledge of preparing and maintaining PFMEAs
• Knowledge of preparing and maintaining Control plans
• Measurement System Analysis (GR&R)
• Metrology equipment experience
• Statistical process control / control charts
• Minitab or similar software experience
• Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
• End of Line testing
• OEM manufacturing/quality experience is a plus.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Engineering, Quality, or Technical Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.