Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Purchasing Analyst, Travel will help support Rivian travel needs strategically and tactically. You will participate in all aspects of the Rivian travel program, including strategic supplier relationships and negotiations. You will help unlock savings opportunities by data analysis. Using this analysis to propose process improvement, changes to policy, savings opportunities and identify waste.
For specific events that have a travel component, you will arrange business travel for employees. You will Identifying the most cost-effective and efficient travel arrangements and making necessary reservations for accommodations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify and drive improvements
- Continuously simplify processes
- Own monthly reporting for various stakeholder groups
- Multitask and handle high volumes
- Be an expert on Rivian’s travel policies and procedures
- Support specific events that involve travel through: Researching and comparing available travel and hotel accommodations to identify the best available options
- Own the group booking process and rooming lists
- Advise travelers of and assist with any needs for specialized travel documents
- Develop strong internal working relationships with all departments, especially Executive Assistants, internal security teams, and talent mobility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+years years of relevant Supply Chain or Purchasing Experience
- 1+ years experience working with travel suppliers and policy
- 1+ years experience with ERP systems and purchase order processing – SAP and Coupa preferred
- 3+ years MS Office
- Masters Degree
- 5+ years experience in a procurement, purchasing setting
- Familiarity with Tableau is a plus
- Effective communication skills and customer service approach
- Action-oriented and solution-driven and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.