Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Identify end-to-end functional dependencies of high voltage battery system with other vehicle domains using systems level and sequence diagrams. Work with cross functional teams from different vehicle domains to identify any possible failure with effects on high voltage battery system.
- Develop test plans and test cases for vehicle validation based on failure mode analysis, to ensure BMS performs as expected in different failure modes
- Develop test plans to ensure BMS is properly integrated with the rest of the vehicle while meeting the requirement for vehicle attributes, energy storage system, cells, and functional safety
- Parse and analyze vehicle data from the fleet using data analytics tools and evaluate performance of different BMS features. Present solution based on data analytics.
- Execute development testing for BMS software features at vehicle level
- Support troubleshooting the field issues and propose solution. Work with other ECU software teams to root cause bugs and assign fix to relevant BMS teams
- Track bug fix through to completion of successful battery and vehicle tests
- Support testing activities at different levels such as pack, HIL, and benchtop.
- Support unit testing in model-based/code-based environment
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering. MS degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience developing vehicle level test plans for BMS software features and regression test
- Experience with FMEA and FTA analysis for electric vehicles.
- Experience with data acquisition and calibration software (CANalyzer, CANape or similar xcp/ccp interface tools, JTAG/DAP interface debuggers)
- Experience with flash tools and software release pipelines
- Experience with executing test cases independently at vehicle level
- Familiarity with the data analytics tools, and scripts to parse data logs
- Familiarity with model-based design and being able to view and analyze models and C codes (development experience is a plus) Experience with requirement and issue tracking management tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.