Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be a key member of the Architecture team involved in the development of the overall vision pipeline for next-gen autonomy requirements for Rivian vehicles. You will work closely with the Rivian ADAS team & the ML HW Architecture team to help evaluate & optimize the image pipeline for end-end perception. This is a critical role that helps define the overall vision architecture we deploy in the next generation autonomy systems.
- Partnering with other product related organizations to distill the requirements
- Working with your team to flush out detailed specifications of all components
- Working with the software teams to ensure the vision pipeline is aligned with internal SW roadmap
- Monitoring the performance of the hardware architecture in the field and refining the design
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- In depth experience with vision pipeline development
- Strong understanding of sensor data formats
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing
- Strong understanding of ISPs
- Understanding of automotive requirements
- Understanding of autonomous vehicle requirements
- Understanding of machine learning inference architectures
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chains
- Experience working on high volume products
- Experience working in aggressive design environments
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.