Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Disclaimer: Applying to this requisition will place you into consideration for an internship on our Manufacturing Engineering team. Exact Team Allocation will be discussed during the hiring process.
Internship Term: Fall 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
- Support the factory systems team in designing and deploying robust end-to-end services to support production lines
- Directly engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to ensure user needs are being addressed through the development of software features.
- Work closely with designers and software developers to develop applications for web, HMIs backends running on distributed deployments, and driving internal and 3rd party integrations solutions to support production lines.
- Use modern software tools and practices to ensure high performance, low latency and ease of deployment.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Strong Plus: experience with programming HTML5, React, Go, Python, and similar
- Experience working with backend services, RESTful APIs
- Willingness to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Adaptability supporting ambitious goals and timelines
- Plus, experience with CI/CD pipeline, Git and development workflow, database systems; SQL, Mongo, data visualization tools
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.