Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Monitor and communicate internal paint quality metrics such as Filmbuild, Gloss, DOI, Color, Oven Cure, Booth Balance, etc.
- Monitor and track critical specification items from the incoming material C of A’s, batch panels, pre-ship panels, etc. for Pretreatment, E-Coat, Sealer, LASD, Primer, BC and CC.
- Assist in the identification and elimination quality related issues within the Paint Shop utilizing RCA (Root Cause Analysis), Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques, etc.
- Ability to interface with the MES (Manufacturing Execution System) software for tracking of defects or quality related issues
- Responsible for color harmony communication to suppliers to ensure proper color match is maintained
- Maintain the Paint Shop Quality Lab environment and associated instrumentation
- Assist in the development and implementation of an MSA (Measurement System Analysis) system for Paint Lab Instruments
- Supply feedback on 3rd party Cleaning Contractor performance
- Lead and be an active participant in the Paint Shop - Defect Reduction Team
- Assist in the development of a process to identify and analyze paint defects
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of an up-to-date Paint Defect Library
- Drive Paint Shop issue containment to ensure downstream customers are not affected
- Update quality documentation and communicate lessons learned from quality concerns
- Able to interpret JES (Job Element Sheets) and Work Instruction Sheets
- Candidates for this position must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in an Automotive or Tier-1 paint quality or paint process environment.
- Must be able to travel as needed to Paint Shop supplier facilities to understand their manufacturing processes and quality checks
- Capable of successful collaboration with other departments to achieve the Rivian goals.
- Understand and adhere to Rivian Compass goals
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Produce written reports and make presentations as necessary
- Assist in training of others in areas of expertise
- Capable of working with other groups (quality, maintenance, engineering) to achieve the goals of Rivian.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be capable of multi-tasking
- Must be well organized, attentive to details
- Must be motivated, self-starter, goal oriented and open to change
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.