Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position, you will lead a team of engineers involved in the selection, design, development and system level validation of SOC components and the in-system architecture requirements for deploying them in Rivian vehicles. You will work closely with the Rivian ADAS team and evaluate the various architectures with respect to end-to-end perception requirements. This is a critical role that drives the architecture of the overall autonomous driving systems with SOC being one of the key drivers.
- Partnering with other product related organizations to distill the requirements
- Working with your team to flush out detailed specifications of all components
- Driving the overall SOC platform architecture with all peripherals and memory requirements
- Driving analysis of Vendor Silicon & identifying system level bottlenecks
- Working with supply chain to get these manufactured or procured per specification as needed
- Monitoring the performance of the hardware architecture in the field and refining the design
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- In depth experience with various SOC platforms used for ADAS perception
- Hands on experience with evaluating various state-of-the-art Deep Neural Network (DNN) architectures for inference
- In depth experience with the design and/or deployment of such technologies
- Strong understanding of sensor data formats
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing
- Strong understanding of ISPs
- Understanding of automotive requirements
- Understanding of autonomous vehicle requirements
- Understanding of the evolution of deep learning techniques and their impact on efficiencies on SOC architectures
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chains
- Experience working on high volume products
- Experience working in aggressive design environments
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.