Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Fall 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
- Own the capacity roadmap and forecast for specific area(s)
- Develop the overall manufacturing process flow and layout for existing and future factories
- Partner with different vertical manufacturing engineering teams (such as battery, drive unit, stamping, assembly) to provide inputs to production line, buffer, and material flow designs
- Work with cross functional leaders and teams (i.e. strategy, facilities, demand planning, finance) to create ‘what-if’ scenarios for the short- and long-term capacity strategy
- B.S. Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent
- Previous exposure in assembly or manufacturing experience (new line launches a plus)
- Analytical mindset with the ability to navigate between fine details and big picture
- Knowledge of or experience with factory layouts, material flow, or capacity planning
- Knowledge of or experience with DES simulation software (i.e. FlexSiM, AnyLogic) a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.