Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Demand Planner for our Charging and Energy team who will be responsible for developing and improving top-level demand forecasts and leading demand planning reviews as part of a monthly Sales & Operations planning process. This self starter will also be passionate about process development and improvement.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop monthly demand forecasts in collaboration with Business Development / Sales, Program Management, Product Management, Facilities, Site Design, and various other cross-functional partners
- Drive alignment across inter-related forecasts within and outside Charging and Energy product portfolio
- Lead monthly demand planning reviews as part of Sales & Operations planning process
- Work with S&OP Analyst and cross-functional partners to allocate demand/prioritize customers when supply constraints
- Partner with systems/IT and business management teams to facilitate efficient data collection and reporting for demand planning
- Develop and monitor key KPIs and improvement activities that help increase forecast accuracy, improve customer service, reduce excess/obsolete inventory, and improve financial forecasting
- Identify demand trends and flag risks
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, data science, or a related
- 3+ years of experience in demand planning and forecasting or a closely related role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High proficiency in time management, task prioritization, and organization with the ability to efficiently handle many responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret meaningful trends from quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience in EV charging and/or energy industries preferred
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Location: Irvine or Palo Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.