Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Join a highly capable team to design industry leading power electronic conversion units
- Develop test sequence for control and software verification for AC/DC and DC/DC power converters
- Test power electronics circuits in different stages of control development cycle (simulation, hardware-in-the-loop, and lab testing)
- Automate model and HIL test cases by scripting
- Analyze simulation and test results to provide data-driven recommendations for improving control and hardware
- Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing.
- Create test summary reports and provide data analytics.
- Use data acquisition, data processing and analysis software such as MATLAB or LabVIEW.
- Work in a collaborative environment with the electrical and software engineering teams to make sure the required performance of the power converters across the operating range is met
- Document requirements and test reports
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in power electronics control validation
- Understanding of the high frequency power electronics principle of operation
- Experience in working with HIL (Typhoon preferred)
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Simulink
- Familiarity with power electronics hardware prototype testing, electrical measurements, and debugging of controls algorithms
- Knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, communication, and bus protocols (RS232, CAN, GPIB, Ethernet)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a startup or agile development environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.