Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a SOTIF Engineer for the Self-Driving team at Rivian, you will be both lead and be an active participant in developing the functional safety concept, including all aspects of feature decomposition and analysis throughout the vehicle program lifecycle. In order to do this, you will work closely with the Vehicle System Engineering functional safety engineering team to ensure vehicle system level compliance and provide technical guidance in the form of consulting and independent peer reviews of the system with other cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to ADAS and Self-Driving feature requirements and provide functional safety guidance on feature definition
- Derive safety hazards that would contribute to ADAS SOTIF events
- Develop safety goals/requirements associated with identified ADAS-SOTIF related events
- Help drive system architecture and controls actions to mitigate SOTIF risk
- Derive validation and verification test scenarios to demonstrate robustness of ADAS system to SOTIF
- Data and machine learning algorithm analysis as per SOTIF process
- Degree education in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical (or similar) Engineering
- Over 5 years of experience within the automotive industry, ideally OEM or Tier 1 working within systems engineering in relation to ADAS features with working knowledge of ISO 26262
- Background and experience in safety related engineering (active safety, functional safety)
- Experience in defining the SOTIF process for ADAS features
- Understanding of emerging standards such as UL 4600
- Strong system engineering background
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Experience working within a cross-functional team
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.