Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Facilities Operations team maintains building spaces and workplace services to create an incredible work experience for all Rivian employees. One program is providing lab spaces for Rivian’s Engineering and Development teams to do their best work and research and develop our products. This role will be responsible for working with the lab users to plan Engineering spaces.
- Manage all site’s lab floor plans to ensure Rivian is utilizing space efficiency and maximizing spaces. Develop and issue quarterly R&D space utilization updates.
- Ingest space requests from Engineering teams—work with the requesters to develop a program and equipment list that allow Design, Building Infrastructure Design, and Construction to properly kick-off a project.
- Represent the Operations organization as the project lead for all R&D projects—collaborate with project requestors, Finance, Design, Building Infrastructure Design, and Construction throughout the project cycle.
- Create, manage, and execute space modifications in existing spaces and throughout project in development.
- Develop and maintain a 3-year lab space forecast plan.
- Develop and maintain a communication plan with lab managers for emergency repones planning.
- Identify areas for continuous improvements as it relates to facilities usage and engineering equipment planning. This includes developing financial justifications for all new projects.
- Drive consistency and alignment throughout Engineering lab spaces.
- Collaborate with Workplace Managers, Occupancy Planners, and other Facilities stakeholders to create a fantastic workplace experience.
- Lead ad-hoc Facilities workplace projects.
- 3+ years of experience of lab and R&D management
- 8+ years of facilities, workplace, project management or similar experience
- Automotive experience is desired, but not required.
- Proficient in creating budgets, schedules, project plans, and general project management
- Knowledge of reading construction documents and specifications
- Deep understanding of creating a fantastic workplace experience
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- A critical thinking, a problem solver, with an enthusiasm to collaborate with others
- People management is a bonus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.