Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a deep learning engineer, you will be part of the perception team at Rivian. The perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers primarily focused on detecting and classifying objects in the environment around the vehicle. This role differs in that the area of focus is the interior of the vehicle. This role will explore solutions for internal customers within all of Rivian utilizing the latest technology around cabin sensing beyond just cameras.
- 3+ years experience
- In this role, you will be involved in the development of models for various fascial feature, human pose, action and object detection classifiers.
- Supporting the migration of these models to real-time embedded systems, testing, and releasing the algorithms for product launch.
- M.S. Or ph.D. In electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Research and development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Face detection and tracking
- Face recognition and recall
- Human pose estimation
- Human behavior classification
- Object detection
- Data Mining and fusion from addtional sensors (RADAR, thermal, etc.)
- Strong C++ and Python programming
- Experience with Deep Learning tools (TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch, etc.).
- Ability to work with system test and validation team in assisting test plan development and reporting metrics.
- Passionate about launching new products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with CNN/DNN training and optimization (pruning, etc.).
- Deployment of CNN/DNN to various architectures (CPU, GPU).
- Automotive application development experience.
- Data synthesis techniques for improved training coverage.
- Definition and deployment of data collection, storage and recall architectures.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.