Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Technical Specialist for Body Structures, you will take responsibility for all components regarding automotive paint systems, e-coat systems, automotive cavity wax and sealer systems within your engineering group.
- The Paint Systems technical specialist is a true expert in their field and will be seen as the ‘go-to’ person within Rivian for this commodity
- Subject matter expertise within the commodity to that help drive technical solutions across multiple projects and functions
- Responsible for validation of all paint and e-coat systems and upkeep of all design standards
- Understanding industry and competitive benchmarking, trends, and new technologies
- Leading and driving design reviews for e-coat coverage and paint related design for manufacture
- Guarantee best practices across the commodity (cost, weight, investment target achievement responsibility)
- Responsible for technical roadmap and communication
- Supporting all supplier selection and development with heavy interfaces to the purchasing and commercial team
- Extensive experience with automotive paint systems, e-coat systems, automotive cavity wax and sealer systems.
- Experience with e-coat development, including material composition, processing parameters and design for e-coat coverage.
- Knowledge of the paint systems supply chain and validation cycle.
- Knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices around Body Structures
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team
- Sound commercial and financial awareness.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.