Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop software for a stationary energy systems monitoring, controls & analysis platform
- Develop system-wide telemetry and logging frameworks that can scale
- Develop product to cloud communications
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, memory usage, load time of the apps
- Test and validation of software components to ensure highest code quality
- Work with embedded hardware and firmware engineers to ensure that software functions correctly at all levels of the stack, on the bench, and in the system
This is what you’ll need:
- Experience developing application software on a microcontroller platform
- Experienced with implementing state machines and algorithms
- Experience implementing a time series database
- Experience developing data acquisition and telemtry software that scales
- Experience with coding in C and communication protocols such as REST, Modbus and Canbus
- Experience with Jira, Bitbucket, Git, Confluence
- Experience with battery energy storage systems or power conversion systems is a plus
- 3+ years software development experience in the energy storage, renewable energy or power electronics industry
- At least a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Masters Degree preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.