Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be responsible for assisting with target setting for the vehicle and subsystems and then tracking the mass, inertia and CoG changes through a program and ensuring they meet their targets at key gateways.
- Setting and maintaining Vehicle and System mass targets
- KPI reporting of status against commodity and system through review of automated vehicle mass, CoG and inertia reports from ENOVIA / CATIA
- Manage weight distribution targets for towing with a focus on axle limits and vehicle stability
- Tracking homologated weight targets globally
- Assist in the management of mass budgets and mass reduction efforts through tracking of risk and mitigation plans
- Organize and review benchmark vehicle mass studies, using them to drive new targets
- Define attribute delivery plan, VR deliverables and report on mass status at weekly project / attribute meetings
- Working with plant to measure parts and assemblies to validate mass, CoG and inertia
- 4+ years’ experience in Engineering Industry
- 1+ years’ experience in mass reporting preferred
- Basic CATIA skills to be able to load end export component and assembly masses
- Experience with Excel Pivot Tables preferred
- Experience in benchmarking at both a vehicle and subsystem/component level to assist with target setting
- Relevant knowledge / experience in Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Engineering is preferred
- Travel Requirements of Position
- Ability to travel to Manufacturing Plant or proving ground on occasion
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.