Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be responsible for tracking and reporting vehicle performance targets in the concept stage of future programs. You will create benchmark reports and assist in the definition of system target requirements.
- Lead Longitudinal Performance Attribute and simulation activities for all programs
- Track and report future program performance targets through early program phases (Pre G0 -> G2)
- Working with the Principal Attribute engineers, identify and support benchmarking studies, authoring reports
- Assist in the definition of system target requirements definitions (Controls, Chassis, Propulsion)
- Integration of advanced concepts (Controls) to support optimization studies
- Collaborate with other Simulation Engineers to set up, run and process Performance simulations
- BS + 4 years, MS + 2 years in Engineering
- 1+ years’ experience in Vehicle Dynamics or Performance related role (testing or simulation)
- Experienced in CarMaker or VI CRT simulation packages
- Experienced in MATLAB & Simulink
- Knowledge of Chassis and EV Powertrain modeling
- Knowledge of controls algorithms
- Knowledge of basic longitudinal vehicle dynamics
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.