Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
This vital role will manage the Commercial Finance team’s financial forecast for Vehicle Revenue and Gross Margin. It will require very strong analytical abilities and acute attention to detail. The ideal candidate is able to work across many organizational departments and motivated to drive accurate results.
The main components of this role span across four areas:
- Foster and maintain strong relationships across internal business partners. Partner with Corporate FP&A, Operations Finance, Demand Planning, Strategy, and Manufacturing to manage revenue and gross margin for budgeting and forecasting
- Own and manage the end-to-end Vehicle Gross Margin forecast cycle
- Investigate, model and present findings recommending the best course of action regarding the current state of the vehicle sales business and new opportunities to relating to market growth decisions
- Work closely with the Finance Data Analytics team to ensure proper reporting system functionality and vehicle metrics are captured and reported accurately and timely
- Lead the monthly and quarterly Vehicle Revenue and Gross Margin forecasts and budgets for the Commercial organization at Rivian
- Conduct variance analysis to budget and forecast, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as needed
- Act as a trusted business partner in the Commercial organization by effectively articulating, reviewing and analyzing vehicle sales, inventory, and profitability forecasts
- Prepare presentations that provide insightful analysis and required action items to support leadership with making informed business decisions
- Proactively work to improve data quality and collection processes to drive continuous improvement in forecast timing and accuracy
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to process data from multiple sources and build models from the ground up
- Flawless attention to detail, but also ability to see the big picture
- Flexibility in prioritizing in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster and easier
- Ability to partner with people of various background and levels
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Power Query and Tableau a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years of related business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.