Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
This unique role will create financial models and provide guidance for Vehicle Revenue and Gross Margin. This role is critical to the success of creating a competitive and sustainable vehicle sales model. It will require strong financial and economic acumen. The ideal candidate is a strong relationship builder and motivated to drive results.
The main responsibilities for this position span across four areas:
- Commercial FP&A: partnering close with Sales & Operations Planning, Product Management, Corporate FP&A, and Strategy to model and apply financial findings to business decisions
- KPI Management: create and manage KPI dashboards for vehicle sales, inventory, and profitability. Draw and share insights with internal business partners and Executive Leadership
- Competitive Benchmarking: research and apply competitive industry metrics to drive Rivian’s financial performance
- Top Level Gross Margin Assessment: Review various revenue streams to optimize financial and business structures
- Support the monthly and quarterly Vehicle and Total Revenue and Gross Margin forecast for the Commercial organization at Rivian; includes vehicle sales, vehicle accessories, merchandise, SASS, Charging, and Parts & Service
- Act as a trusted business partner in the Commercial organization by effectively articulating and reviewing financial performance to assist in bringing products and services to market
- Review variance analysis to help set targets, budgets, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as needed
- Prepare presentations that provide insightful analysis and required action items to support leadership with making informed business decisions
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Excellent financial modeling skills to cost and price new ideas and optimize existing ones
- Flawless attention to detail, but also ability to see the big picture
- Flexibility in prioritizing in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster and easier
- Preferred automotive experience building vehicle sales, inventory management, and captive finance margin models
- Ability to partner with people of various background and levels
- Strong Tableau, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA a plus) in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related business experience in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.