Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead the strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of supplier quote submissions based on cost breakdown data and support it with should-costs
- Identify and implement cost reductions on prototype and series production products and services
- Actively manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Ensure that the product is matched to the right supplier and ensure the supplier is effective in delivering the product in collaboration with Engineering
- Optimize the product’s financial performance in collaboration with the Finance team
- Work closely with Program Management to track sourcing progress and execute product and vehicle build events
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
- Be a champion of good, fundamentally-sound execution across your team and the company
- You will be expected to ‘Go Big’ for your team to demonstrate how things get done
- Exhibiting the Rivian 101 in everything that you do
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience and knowledge, both technical and commercial
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical ability to break down complex problems and data sets to derive meaningful, actionable results
- Comfort in working independently and in teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand Engineering and Design direction and provide focused supply-chain solutions accordingly
- Experience with automotive, electronic, or consumer products, and the design and manufacture thereof
- High level of integrity
- Desire to own one’s own role and contributions to the cross-functional team
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.