Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As an UI Designer you will work closely with the Brand, Vehicle and Development teams, to bring a consistent, end-to-end experience to Rivian’s in-vehicle user experience. You have the desire of craft to turn wireframes or sketches into beautifully designed layouts that inspires the team of what is possible. The role will be located in Palo Alto, CA with occasional travel to our other offices.
- Create designs for in vehicle screens
- Cross collaborate with other designers, developers, and branding teams
- Following through on design details and working toward fit-and-finish polish
- Annotate mockups and animations
- Optimize final assets for implementation
- Maintain an asset library and style guide
- 2+ years of agile workflow and/or shipping digital products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- A portfolio that showcases your contributions
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time efficiently and productively
- Ability to “fail fast” through lots of ideation early in the process
- Experience with Sketch/Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with prototyping tools
- Experience with Motion is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.