Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Cybersecurity Analyst will be responsible for the supporting cybersecurity projects and overall program maturity. This position will work closely with the cybersecurity engineering team to build, mature and document security technology and processes in the Rivian environment.
Responsible for supporting the multitude of ongoing technical projects within cybersecurity engineering, including:
- Review threat and vulnerability reports from various technology sources to support remediation efforts with IT and business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain metrics which communicate the cybersecurity health of the program and technology
- Supporting cybersecurity engineering projects with documentation, technical configurations, testing, and operational support
- Analyze and tune endpoint security technologies
- Define cybersecurity standards and educate cross-functional teams on best practices
- Develop automation scripts to integrate cybersecurity technologies and minimize manual processes
- Support cybersecurity engineers with the development of security requirements and evaluation of new security technologies
- Assist with threat intelligence, incident investigation and response activities
- Assess the risk of proposed technology changes and provide security guidance to application teams
- 1+ year(s) related cybersecurity or software development experience
- Exposure to public cloud services (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience with scripting languages including python, PowerShell, etc.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity controls frameworks and GRC functions
- Ability to managing multiple security assessments in parallel with aggressive timelines.
- Experience reviewing and responding to operational tickets and events within an organization
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and explore new creative solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Continual review and education on emerging trends and threats to enhance tooling and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Loves what s/he does
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.