Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop and modify applicable permits for multiple environmental media types.
- Work with multiple teams, including Engineering, Operations, Facilities, and Maintenance, Design, and Construction to clearly understand the regulatory scope of projects.
- Communicate clearly with Engineering and Design teams the timelines and requirements to maintain compliance with Environmental permitting, compliance and applications.
- Assist EHS team members with technical questions.
- Document compliance and regulatory interpretations for future reference.
- Present information as needed via digital or in person settings.
- Develop work plans or guidance documents for inclusion in the EHS Management system, as needed.
- Engage with subject matter experts to gather required technical information on complex manufacturing processes and technology.
- Maintain knowledge base of regulations and standards.
- Comply with local, state, federal, or International EHS regulations, corporate standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 10 years experience with wide Environmental Knowledge base. Examples include:
- Air: Title V, PSD, NSR, NSPS, MACT, LDAR, and NESHAP standards
- Water: Industrial Waste Water, and Stormwater permitting
- Land: RCRA, Subpart BB / CC
- Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Programs (RMP)
- Ability to clearly communicate complicated concepts to a wide audience.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and administrative skills
- Ability to handle a multi-project environment
- Creative and Innovative thinker
- Accountability and dependability
- Possess ethics and integrity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build productive relationships with all levels of management
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, or related field.
- Professional Engineer, or ability to obtain a license, preferred.
- This role will require up to 80% travel if remote
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.