Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Sr. Manager, Waypoints Pre-construction will lead all pre-construction efforts related to Waypoints deployments. This role will support all Waypoints business development and sales teams throughout the pre-sales to station commissioning process. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for scaling a team responsible for Solution Engineering and Project Management globally. This team will be responsible for Site Surveys, Load Calculations, Engineering & Design, Construction Bidding and Project Management. Although this team won’t be responsible for installation management, they will support the Installation team throughout the construction and commissioning process and help ensure deployments are completed on schedule.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader that has proven success managing the pre-construction of electric vehicle supply equipment globally. They must have a sincere focus on creating an environment where Rivian is known for being the best partner to do business with in the industry. They will drive efficiencies throughout our Pre-Sales, Sales, Pre-construction, Construction, and Commissioning processes. Ultimately they will be laser focused on making sure all projects are completed on time and on budged.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop, scale, and lead the Rivian Waypoints Network’s approach to all pre-construction globally
- Manage, hire, develop, train, and scale a team of Engineers and Project Managers that will support Rivian Waypoints deployments
- Develop a comprehensive view of all ongoing construction projects across all Rivian Waypoints programs globally
- Oversee all pre-construction and construction pipeline and ensure that it conforms to planned schedule and budget
- Develop and maintain administrative processes that reduce redundancy and improve accuracy, while achieving organizational objectives
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management, is preferred, or similar number of years of experience in the field; and 5+ years of experience managing construction projects on a global scale
- 8+ years of experience developing charging projects and holding multiple stakeholders to a timeline
- Strong project management ability and proven experience on a global level
- Experience leading teams of engineers and/or project managers executing construction projects globally
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technology and the competitive marketplace
- Familiarity with OTC permitting process as it relates to L2 EV Charging
- Familiarity with various Utility & Government incentive programs for EV Charging Infrastructure
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great, usable solutions
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Charging & Energy Solutions
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.