Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As part of the Electric Power Conversion team, the Feature Owner will lead the vehicle charging systems team to design and implement charging features in all Rivian vehicles. The Feature owner will take the system from initial design to production and be the main point of contact for all aspects of the charging system such as High Voltage electrical architecture, Low Voltage electrical architecture, controls interface architecture, charging communication, charging HMI, Plug and Charge, and other sub features.
In this role you will:
- Develop and document requirements for the Charging System using Rivian’s requirement management tool.
- Design and decompose requirements for AC Charging, DC Charging, Plug and Charge, and vehicle requirements for all Rivian’s charging products to the functional SW groups.
- Define customer facing features through collaboration with UI/UX
- Ensure requirement traceability from the sub-component level up to the vehicle level functional requirements
- Perform hazard analysis, fault tree analysis and develop functional safety requirements to the ISO26262 standard
- Perform Feature, System, and Component FMEAs with Rivian’s standard FMEA software tool
- Write and document diagnostics requirements
- Write and coordinate the System and Component validation plans to sign off on the system
- Support HW and SW teams with integration and issue resolution
- Coordinate the system delivery and timing with feature champion, program managers, and stakeholders
- Lead Validation activities of feature on vehicle or acceptable alternative development environmentand track to completion
- Lead the planning of feature release timing for production software
- Monitor production launch issues, especially with EOL testing and early customer feedback, warranty, and real customer use cases
- Lead team of system and validation engineers for the feature
This is what you’ll need:
- S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related degree (Master's degree preferred)
- 6+ years of propulsion and related experience with charging, batteries, and thermal systems with demonstrable production implementations
- Experience defining requirements for charging related features
- Individual or team experience of highly specialized controls, software, requirements, and /or validation engineers in a production development environment
- Deep understanding of J1772, DIN70121, ISO15118 communication
- Understanding of ISO 15118 Plug and Charge
- Understanding of charging hardware and HV systems
- Ability to decompose requirements from user stories down to low level technical details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and ability to set a direction and guide the execution of a system
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.