Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is WHO you are:
You are self-motivated, confident, intuitive individual with superior interpersonal skills, have great communication skills, write clearly and concisely, and thrive in challenging and fast-paced environments.
This is what you’ll do:
The Privacy Operations Professional will assist with Rivian’s privacy compliance operations function worldwide. The Privacy Operations Professional will report to the Sr. Manager/Director, Privacy Operations. You will interface directly with corporate and operational leadership to help develop, implement, maintain, and ensure a best-in-class data privacy compliance program and help manage risk mitigation throughout the organization.
- Support Rivian’s privacy operations team to implement global privacy law requirements, mitigate associated risk and propagate a culture of privacy throughout Rivian’s worldwide business and operations.
- Work collaboratively with Data Security, Information Technology, People’s Team and other key stakeholders to further Rivian’s data privacy goals and objectives.
- Help develop policies, procedures, documentation, and guidance addressing Rivian’s data collection, use and retention.
- Assist with data privacy training and other initiatives aimed at ensuring awareness, understanding and compliance with Rivian’s data privacy obligations.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal business clients across Rivian, including Legal, Operations, Engineering, Risk and Regulatory to develop planning and implementation systems that support data privacy compliance objectives.
- Document and further assist with the development and implementation of Rivian’s data governance committees.
- Assist with consumer and employee data request/data subject access request process to address legal compliance and best practices.
- Help conduct appropriate data privacy due diligence actions and risk assessments for Rivian’s external partners and service providers.
- Assist with reporting and other documentation addressing Rivian’s privacy compliance program’s deliverables and objectives.
- Increase employee awareness, actively promote the importance of data privacy throughout the entire organization.
- Support enterprise-wide and data privacy compliance risk assessments and program benchmarking.
- Work with other Rivian team members to develop and implement programs and processes to ensure appropriate data privacy compliance by suppliers, corporate partners and other third parties.
This is what you’ll need:
- 3-6+ years of proven privacy operational experience in multinational, complex fast-growing global organizations, preferably involving technology and manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of global data privacy laws and requirements including the CCPA and GDPR with experience spotting emerging trends and new and evolving issues.
- Experience with implementing data privacy compliance requirements across multiple global jurisdictions.
- Experience with privacy risk assessments and gap analysis consistent with applicable law and best practices.
- Communications, negotiation, analytical, organizational, project management, strategic and operational planning skills with an effective ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of the organization.
- Experience interacting and maintaining relationships with key business stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace.
- Excellent multicultural communicator, persuader, enabler, who takes difficult issues and conversations proactively and in a manner that establishes and preserves confidence and trust.
- Strong background in complex data privacy legal and compliance matters preferred.
- CIPP certification a plus.
- Strong analytical ability and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office 360 Suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress, team environment.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- A commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and professionalism.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.