Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Program Manager will play a leadership role in program management, strategic operations and business initiatives responsible for enabling efficiency and rapid growth within the Facilities department at Rivian. This individual will bring together various supporting business functions including project management, accounting, finance, procurement, IT etc., to best solve for the department’s dynamic needs. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible to lead the design and build of technology products to enable these strategies.
- Build out tools, processes and a robust data portfolio to support People, Process, and Infrastructure decisions across several verticals within the Facilities Capital project delivery team, working cross functionally with the Real Estate, Design, Construction and Operations teams.
- Lead Change management for new processes/tools with our internal teams and vendors.
- Continuously monitor and recommend new areas of improvement and opportunities for efficiency in our project governance model and capital project delivery process.
- Create and implement metric tracking methods to monitor performance of newly implemented initiatives. Work with individuals across the facilities department to provide communication, education, process compliance and measurement.
- Make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, partners, top management.
- 8 years minimum work experience – with at least 4 years directly related to end-to-end program/project management in the built environment., i.e., delivering projects involving planning, architecture, construction etc.
- Data visualization skills are a must. PowerBI/Tableau proficiency is desirable. Ability to glean the signal from the noise in an efficient way.
- MBA from a reputed institution preferred. Other substantial evidence of demonstrable, albeit generalized breadth of knowledge across Operations, Strategy, Finance, general Quantitative skills can be substituted for lack of MBA.
- Expert level Excel Skills are a must. Expert level presentation skills are a must in one or more presentation tools such as Power Point, Prezi, Figma etc.. ( we use Figma for presentations extensively ) Ability to graphically represent abstract ideas/thoughts/data/processes a non-negotiable skill for this position.
- Hawk-like attention to detail is an absolute must. Ability to influence without authority; demonstrable skills in organizational, behavioral and process change management.
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative - self-starter.
- Strong process skills. High level of problem-solving skills in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.